Updated as of April 7, 2021
This page is updated the first and third Wednesday of every month with news and report release information. For a schedule of report releases, please see our Report Calendar.
Released to the Public
- The College Remedial Coursework report has been updated with high school graduation year 2018-19 data. This report shows the number of Michigan public high school graduates who took at least one remedial course after enrolling in a Michigan college or university the year after high school graduation.
- A new data file, the Community College Demographic Enrollment Profile, has been added to MI School Data on the Postsecondary Data Inventory page. Starting with 2019-20 data, the file shows the number of students enrolling in and receiving degrees at Michigan community colleges by age, gender and race/ethnicity.
- Data for 2020-21 have been added to the CTE Programs Offered report, an interactive map showing Career and Technical Education programs and locations.
- The Ratio of Students to Support Staff metric on the Parent Dashboard has been updated with 2020-21 data.
- Data for 2020-21 have been added to the Quick Facts report, which provides an overview of the types and counts of education buildings. Data can be viewed by state, ISD and district.
- The Retained in Grade report, which shows counts and percentages of students who were enrolled in the same grade level for two consecutive years, has been updated with 2020-21 data.
- A year-by-year breakdown of how many schools opened and closed is shown in the Statewide Openings and Closings report. This report has been updated with 2020-21 data.
Released in Preview
- Data for 2019-20 showing transfer patterns, demographics and performance data for students who transferred into or out of a Michigan college or university have been added to the College Transfer report. Data are in preview and will be publicly available within a week.
- The following reports have been updated in preview with 2019-20 postsecondary data for high school graduation years 2018-19 and prior. These reports will be publicly available within a week.
- The College Enrollment by High School report shows the number of Michigan public high school graduates who enrolled in a college or university.
- College Enrollment Destination data show the colleges and universities where public high school students enrolled.
- Student progression in postsecondary education after high school graduation is shown in the College Progression by Graduating Class
- The On-Track College Progress report shows the amount of time Michigan public high school graduates take to accumulate 24 college credits.
- The English Learner Dashboard will be updated to include four additional metrics regarding Michigan’s English Learner students. The dashboard will now provide an at-a-glance view of student proficiency and growth on the WIDA ACCESS for ELLs assessment, a count of English Learner and former English Learner students, length of time receiving English Learner services, and a count of English Learner students exited from English Learner services.
- The following Parent Dashboard metrics will be updated:
- The Postsecondary Completion Rate, Postsecondary Enrollment and Postsecondary Persistence Rate metrics will be updated with 2019-20 data.
- The Ratio of Students to Instructional Staff metric will be updated with 2020-21 data.